Whether your dog is new to training or you are looking to brush up on commands or advance to the next level, we will work with any breed and can accommodate a variety of behavioral problems, including aggression. Providing obedience training, socialization, and behavioral modification, we tailor our services to your dog’s needs and your goals.
What we offer:
- 7 Week AKC S.T.A.R. PUPPY® program: This class follows the AKC S.T.A.R PUPPY® guidelines and uses primarily positive reinforcement, focusing on socialization, luring and shaping basic commands, confidence building, grooming and housebreaking tips, and puppy play. The class covers an introduction to basics the following: obedience, engagement, marker training, leash training, relaxation, and socialization to the other puppies and people in the class, sensory equipment, and handling/examination. The class sizes ranges from 2-6 puppies between the ages of 8 weeks old and about 6 months of age. A recent clean bill of health from a veterinarian and age appropriate vaccines are required.
Upon completion and passing of this program, you will have the opportunity to receive an AKC S.T.A.R PUPPY® certificate and medal for your puppy.
For more information regarding the AKC S.T.A.R. Puppy® program, visit: AKC S.T.A.R. Puppy – American Kennel Club
- 6 Week AKC CGC® Prep Group Classes: This is a group class to prepare you and your dog to take the AKC CGC® test. The first five weeks are familiarizing you with the test and teaching you and your dog to be able to confidently run through each test item, working through areas of training related to the test that benefit from improvement. The last week of class, you have the opportunity to take the test with your dog. Prerequisites for this class: Your dog must be familiar with basic training for sit, down, stay, come, and basic leash training. If you are interested in this course or training for the AKC CGC® test and your dog has had little to no former training, we recommend you sign up for private lessons or for young puppies, our AKC S.T.A.R. Puppy® program.
Drop-In Classes: We offer several drop-in classes for trick dog training, AKC CGC & CGCA prep, and also therapy dog prep.
- Training Consultation: For new clients over five months old. Our trainer will meet with you and your dog(s) to discuss training goals and assess your dog's temperment any behavioral issues.
- Day School: For dogs of all ages. Have your dog spend the day working with a trainer. We offer half and full days, discount packages, and intensive programs.
- Private Lessons: One-on-one training with dog/owner. Packages available.
- In-Home Training: This is a great option for addressing behavioral problems that occur at home. Packages available.
- Supervised Puppy Play Groups: This is an hour-long puppy play group to target social skills with other dogs of a similar age, in a supervised, controlled, and sanitary environment.
- AKC CGC® Testing:
- AKC Canine Good Citizen®
- AKC Community Canine(SM)
- AKC Urban Canine Good Citizen®
For more information regarding the AKC CGC® test, visit: Canine Good Citizen (CGC) – American Kennel Club (akc.org)
- AKC Trick Dog: We offer testing and lessons to prep for the 5 levels of titles in the AKC Trick Dog.
- AKC Novice Trick Dog (TKN)
- AKC Intermediate Trick Dog (TKI)
- AKC Advanced Trick Dog (TKA)
- AKC Trick Dog Performer (TKP)
- AKC Trick Dog Elite Performer (TKE)
For more information on our training services or to sign up for a course, contact us at: